Renaissance Fanfare

Fans of Renaissance and Annie Haslam

This is a PDF containing somebody else's scans of an ultra-rare Renaissance songbook.  The scans are low-quality JPGs, but readable.   The song order is not the same as the original songbook, and any title or picture pages are missing. 

Click here to download the PDF. 

Has anybody seen this songbook in real life? 

Views: 8346

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Expensive but worth it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200626307946

And now here's another.  On average, I paid a reasonable price. :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290587031281

Yep, that's the one I found in my parents' garage!

Get out the 12 strings folks, especially on Midas Man

I bought mine in 1980 (ish) at Sam goody on Long island. Still have it somewhere. Gonna have to look now. I did, however pull the page with the Pictures of Annie & Micheal before a concert and got it signed by them. Aslo got to meet them as well. I just found the pictures (In the jacket of Live at Carnegie Hall (Yes, a real record, remember those?))

Here is the other side of the page with Michael's photo.

Wow, congrats.  Fantastic find. 

If anyone's interested...a Renaissance songbook brand new listing on eBay.

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for the sheet music of MOTHER RUSSIA.

No way to find it, nor the Renaissance songbooks.

Any help,someone?

Thanks!

Me too!!!!

Hi there!
    I'm looking almost desperately for a score of "Mother Russia"! It would be lovely if anyone here, who has the Songbook, could be so kind as to make pictures of the Mother Russia pages and post them here. I would be eternally grateful!
    I explain. I am writing a book on Sergei Eisenstein, as a result of the postdoc research I made in London in 2015. In one of my chapters, dealing with the "violence and tenderness" Eisenstein has alledgedly found in Mexico (where he lived in 1930), "Mother Russia" came violently (and beautifully) in my mind. I want to analyze it (harmonically above all), and question his (colonialist) allegation musically, considering the modal complexity involved in it. (Yes, as a musician and anti-colonialist scholar, I am also an old Renaissance fan.)
    Besides Annie Haslam website (whtdovorg@aol.com), I have already contacted the Carnegie Hall archives; Mr. Tony Cox, who conducted the Carnegie Hall concert; Mr. Harvey Goldsmit, who produced the Renaissance event at Royal Albert Hal; the archives of Royal Albert Hall, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra; the King's College London Music Dept; and some other people. I received very kind answers, but none of them could give me a decisive hint of where to find the score. I have also looked for Renaissance Songbooks to buy (the blue one or any other) -- at Amazon, London's Music Room, Ebay etc -- and could find nothing (those ones at Ebay indicated here are over)!
    What I would like the most is the orchestral arrangement of the performances at Carnegie Hall or Royal Albert Hall (if it still exists at all), but the piano reduction of the Songbook would be just fine, as it would definitely help me transcribe some orchestral bits I need. So, please, I ask one of you people for those pictures, because I really need them! I thank you all of you in advance!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Esa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service