Renaissance Fanfare

Fans of Renaissance and Annie Haslam

Views: 2870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Review by Betsy Kishlansky on [RG]:

NJPAC Concert tonight

I just got home from attending the last Renaissance Concert for this tour at the NJ Performing Arts Center Victoria Hall in Newark, NJ.  I had a wonderful seat in the front and had also purchased the VIP Special Guest pass so I was able to attend the sound-check and go backstage after the concert with that group of fans.

Renaissance played at least parts of four songs during the sound check; Scheherazade, The Mystic and the Muse, Cold as Being, and Running Hard.  The sound check is so important with all of today's complex microphones, in ear monitors, and other electronic equipment.  The band members have to make sure they have the right volume and mix of sound in their in ear monitors to be able to hear themselves and each other.  The VIP group also got to visit the band backstage after the concert and pose for a picture, even before they went out to sign items for the other concert goers.

The concert was excellent and the Victoria Hall is a modern theatre with perfect acoustics.  Projected on a rear screen behind the band was a lovely wall of color and various patterns from nature, like leaves and stars.  It added an elegant touch without being over-powering.  Annie told the audience that they video taped last night's concert at the Keswick and it will be sold as a DVD around Christmas time on-line.  That's good news for all the fans that couldn't attend any of the concerts this tour.  I enjoyed chatting with long-time fans Brian Lehroff(sp?), MaryAnn Burns, and Walter Wolansky before and after the concert.  Michael Dunford thanked everyone at the end of the concert and stated that they might be touring again next year, which would be great.   A totally great evening.

Betsy Kishlansky

Next message:

I forgot to mention in my previous post that last night's Renaissance concdert at the NJ PAC was totally sold out.  There were people standing out front trying to buy a ticket and the box office was telling them that there wasn't one seat left!

Betsy Kishlansky

Article about David J. Keyes: 

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/130176653_Music_helps...

"Keyes has stopped chemotherapy – with his doctor's permission – for two months to prepare for and participate in Renaissance's two-week East Coast tour, which includes a stop in Newark Saturday."

View from behind Michael Dunford's microphone

wow, did not know that about David. Lets hope he can wrap up treatment quickly and get on with life as normal after the tour.

Esa said:

Article about David J. Keyes: 

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/130176653_Music_helps...

"Keyes has stopped chemotherapy – with his doctor's permission – for two months to prepare for and participate in Renaissance's two-week East Coast tour, which includes a stop in Newark Saturday."

Nice review Betsy, thank you. And yes, lets hope they come around again next year!

Maybe next year - the 2500-seat Prudential Hall at NJPAC

Frank Pagano, filmed during the Song of Scheherazade.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Esa.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service